Welcome to my blog! I’m ABE.
- It is short for Abegail. A variation of Abi, Abby and Abbie. I have another given name, Aileen but I don’t really use it. When I introduce myself to my students, I usually say that for them to easily remember my name, remember A and B and put them together.
- I was born in 1981 (there you go, you know my age… but what the heck! age is just a number! Haha!), The Year of The Rooster. This could probably be the reason why I’ve worked so hard right after my college graduation. I also put so much heart in everything I do including my relationships.
- I am the eldest. I’ve got two younger (not-so-young) brothers. Yep, I’m the only daughter so many assume that I’m my father’s favourite but actually, I’m a certified lolo’s (grandfather) girl.
- I spent 8 years of my life in Singapore. I left the Philippines in 2007 to save up. Little did I know that the magician up there in the clouds had so much in store for me in Singapore that I hardly noticed that almost a decade passed by just like that. I would usually go back to the Philippines to visit my family and friends. Now, my husband and I are based in Toronto, Ontario. We hope to start our little family and raise our kids here. 🙂
- I graduated from the University of the Philippines in Los Banos. My major is community broadcasting and I took my MA in Mass Communication in Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. I intend to pursue my PhD someday. I am a teacher and that’s my superpower!
- My husband and I used to be officemates in East West Bank in Makati. He was a senior credit officer and I was a marketing manager. Our very first date was on Valentine’s Day, he proposed on my birthday while we were on a cruise, did our civil wedding in Singapore in 2012, had our church wedding in Tagaytay last year and we’ve been on a one-hell-of-an-adventure since then.
- I am a certified OC. I have this thing of keeping everything in order and clean-my office desk, room, kitchen, everything! My husband found a perfect match in me because someone can always declutter for him. One lucky guy! Haha!
- I like cooking especially when I do some experiments in the kitchen. I find it very therapeutic especially after a hard day at work. I recently started my own business, MrsE. I started producing home-made bottled gourmet tuyo (salted and dried herring) before we left Singapore last June. I’m putting it on a halt for the mean time while we try to settle down here in Canada.
- I enjoy reading during my downtime. I look forward to traveling more in the years to come and do yoga again soon.
- This is my first year in blogging and I am inspired to share my stories, thoughts and experiences with all of you. I hope to build wonderful connections with each and everyone!