Seafood enthusiasts, rejoice! Seafood, sausage, veggies cooked in less than an hour! This recipe is heaven-sent for people on the go and calorie-conscious!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced or any spicy sausage is fine
- 2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 4 heads of red onions (whole)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- chili flakes (depends on how spicy you want it to be)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, chili flakes, chili powder to taste; gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.*
- Served immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Now that it’s winter time on this side of the world, I used my oven and baked this for 22 minutes at 425 degrees F.